Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Friday, December 3, 2010

One Exciting Taxi Cab

Thanks for the guest post by Esteban Vinson

My favorite action movie has gotta be the 2004 flick Collateral. Tom Cruise, who we're all used to seeing play the hero, in most any shape or size, steps into the role of villain without missing a beat. His character, a hit-man named Vincent, takes taxi driver Max (Jamie Fox) hostage, forcing him to drive him around to various hits throughout the night.

Between shocking scenes of Tom Cruise shooting guys out of three story windows, "You killed him!" "No, I shot him. Bullets and the fall killed him," there's an increasingly fascinating banter between the cold hearted hit-man and his nervous hostage, as they start to develop a relationship; however messed up it may be. The dynamic often makes you wonder who you're actually rooting for.

Some pretty awesome gunfights and car crashes give you a good thrill, and the amazing story has kept me going back for more. I can't tell tell you how many times I've plopped myself down in front my satellite TV from http://www.directstartv.com and defaulted to watching Collateral. It's a must see, and a must re-see. Jamie Fox nails one of the most dynamic character shifts, going from nervous nobody who can't take a real risk to. . . well, I'll let you see for yourself. And Tom Cruise definitely has to play the bad guy more often; he's pretty scary.

0 comments: