Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, December 5, 2010

National Park Wedding

Guest post by Ronny Mccullough

I just got back from standing in as my brother’s his best man when he married Lisa, and I have to say that he lucked out. There aren't many city girls who'd agree to get married in the middle of a national park. Cuyahoga Valley National Park in Ohio is a great place to sightsee, bird watch, hike and now I can see it's a great place to get married.

The three of us and Lisa's maid of honor met several family members deep in the forest, after setting our inhomesecurity alarm system of this beautiful park to witness the ceremony. One of Lisa's uncles is a minister and he conducted the ceremony. Now, I'm not what you'd call a romantic guy, but I've got to say that this was the most romantic wedding I've ever been to. We were surrounded by maple and oak trees, so there was that gorgeous autumn color surrounding us.

After the ceremony, we all hiked through the hills for a while and then the younger members of the wedding party headed for nearby Findlay Lake State Park to camp. The bride and groom had arranged for tents for everyone, plus a catered supper by the lake. The next day, some of us stuck around to enjoy more hiking and boating before heading home. I've got to say again that my brother is one lucky man.

0 comments: