Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, September 25, 2010

An Unforgettable Caribbean Experience

Post contributed by Josue Durham

One of the most interesting places I ever visited was the twin island nation of Trinidad and Tobago. I first became aware of the islands while watching a travel show on directv channels. It was an amazing place. Trinidad is the larger of the two islands and is more cosmopolitan. In Trinidad I was introduced to a type of music called calypso. Calypso music has an up-tempo beat that made my friends and I and everyone around us want to dance and smile and enjoy ourselves.
Driving around Trinidad was great once I got used to driving on the other side of the road. Trinidad is a former British colony and they observed British rules of the road. I went to the bird sanctuary and the asphalt lake at La Brea, Fort George in St. James and the heart of the city, Port of Spain.
We took a late night boat to Tobago, the smaller island. It took us about two hours to get there. Tobago is a paradise island. The pace of life in Tobago is much slower than Trinidad. We visited Buccho Reef and experienced the Nylon Pool in our glass bottomed boat. I have never seen water so clear or fish with such weird color combinations. I'm going back next year. I was told is should try to be there for Carnival.

0 comments: