Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Annual Meeting Will Be A Vacation

Thanks for the post from Sylvester Campbell.

Here we go again. This will be my third year taking off for San Diego for my company's annual training meetings. In the first year, I was nervous as could be. That's what happens when you land a job in finance that pays in the triple figures. You follow the rules. Otherwise, you lose that big paycheck and your reputation in the industry will be destroyed. No one wants a slacker. At least, that's what I thought at the time. During my second year in San Diego, I noticed that the biggest money makers were missing the meetings and going to the beach, to a ball game, or to the zoo. This is the way the financial industry really works. If you know you're valuable, you can do whatever you want. Am I that valuable? No. But I think I'm on my way. And believe it or not, I think it might send a positive message if I miss the training meetings. Can this approach backfire? Possibly. But in the financial industry, if you know you're the man, you will be treated like the man. That's why tomorrow morning I will set my home security alarm ordered from www.securitychoice.com, pick up my trusty bagel on the way to the airport, and be headed for an all expense paid vacation in San Diego. You've just got to love the world of finance.

0 comments: