Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Monday, January 30, 2012

Travel Mags

Contribution by Stevie Kirby

Thank goodness that New Y ork Energy Rates are lower than a lot of places in the United States, because everything else sure is more expensive! I moved to New York a couple of month ago. I came with a little bit of money saved up to provide for me for three months before I found a job. The job search took about a month, but I finally landed a job that I love! It is not exactly what I thought that I would be doing, but it will be a great resume builder and I think that I can work for several years at this magazine and get a lot of great experience. I was doing free lance writing before I moved to New York and decided that I wanted to get a real 9-5 job. I am currently working at a travel magazine. My real passion is political journalism, but I could not find a job in the field. I am gaining a lot of valuable experience about magazine construction and consumer appeal. I am going to keep chugging along until I make it to my dream magazine, “The New Yorker”.

0 comments: